About Ohio Ready Mix, Inc.
Ohio Ready Mix, Inc. is the leading provider of ready mixed concrete and everything you need to protect, repair or replace your pavement in West Central Ohio. For over 25 years, we have delivered products and services used to build the factories, bridges, roads and sidewalks in Logan, Union, Shelby, Hardin, Allen, Auglaize, Champaign, Delaware, and Clark counties.
Ohio Ready Mix, Inc. is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient delivery of ready mix concrete to customer job sites. Deliveries will be made in both commercial and residential areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Pre-trip inspections of ready-mix trucks pursuant to D.O.T. regulations.
- Safely loads and promptly delivers ready-mixed concrete to job sites as dispatched while maintaining positive customer and public relations.
- Performs related loading and unloading operations with ready-mixed concrete delivery truck in an efficient safe manner.
- Performs regular maintenance and cleaning inside of concrete drum as required.
- Rinses chutes and rear of truck free of spilled concrete and returns truck to batch plant following EPA regulations. Assists concrete block molds and production, as needed.
- Keeps inside of cab clean and sanitary. Performs cleaning and routine maintenance of truck.
- Performs other functions and duties as required or directed.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Requires High School diploma, GED or equivalent education and appropriate CDL license with good driving record to maintain insurability.
- Legible writing.
- Must be dependable, well organized, safety minded, and have efficient work habits.
- Must be able to pass DOT medical examination.
- Basic Math skills.
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position would be considered moderately strenuous work. The work environment consists of working outside approximately seventy percent (70%) of the time, and indoors thirty percent (30%) of the time. The temperature exposure varies depending upon the time of year. Other weather environmental conditions that may persist are rain, snow, sleet, wind, high humidity, and often muddy or icy conditions on both roads and jobsites. The individual is often subject to moderate exposure to noise from ready-mix truck, plant, other highway noise, and jobsite equipment. Must be able to climb in and out of truck when delivering concrete.
What Ohio Ready Mix, Inc. Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Profit sharing retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
- Paid Time Off
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.